Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Mile High DPS February Meet Up

I tested a lot of different techniques that I have picked up over the past few months in this photo. 

Set up:
Softbox with Canon 580EXII behind and right to the right of the model to fill in the shadows. Main light source was  a strip box with a white lightning strobe to the left of the model. Backlight to blow out the wall was a bare white lightning strobe placed behind a makeshift wall to block it from spilling onto the subject. Unfortunately I don't remember the power settings. I did however borrow a Sekonic 308 light meter to get my exposure just right without having to tinker too much.

Post Processing: 
I used Zack Arias technique of putting a colored vignette around the subject. Just noticed that the colors don't show up that well on the blog, but you get the idea.

1 comment:

  1. That's cool! I'm gonna have to check out Zarias site. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete