Wednesday, December 17, 2008

School's in Session

I just marvel at what people are able to do with Photoshop. I have been wanting to take a class, but with the holidays, funds are in short supply. I decided to try to teach myself and started reading The Adobe Photoshop CS3 book for Digital Photographers by Scott Kelly. A really good read and very detailed for people need step by step instruction like me. 

I'm still on the first chapter, basic essentials and importing pictures into Bridge so I decided to try my hand at some minor touch ups with out the books help. This is what I ended up with.

The following is a picture of some Lincoln Logs at my daughter's preschool. I liked the texture and the little pops of color with the red blocks. I thought the picture overall was a little dark and I wanted to crop out the plastic container the block were in.
Here is the edited image. I guess it's better. 
I try to look at this lack of PS knowledge as a blessing in disguise because now I force myself to get good shots right from the camera. 

Here are a few more pictures taken from my visit to Jocelyn's school. No photoshopping.


No comments:

Post a Comment