Friday, December 19, 2008

Who needs a model

I was graciously invited over to my photography friend, Sheba Wheeler's, house along with a couple other photogs that I met at the Denver night shoot. The plan was to take some pictures for a newbie model that needed to beef up her portfolio. She had agreed to let us practice with her and in exchange would not have to pay for the session. For some unknown reason, she did not show up, but that didn't deter us from making the best of the situation. We posed for each other and practiced adjusting the lighting and manual settings on our cameras. We also exchanged helpful tips and information about photography in general, though I have to admit that I was largely on the receiving end of the exchange. I had a great time and this may have worked out better than having a model there. 

Here are a few of my favorite shots from the night. My lovely "model" is Sean Donnelly. A very friendly and upbeat guy but could mean mug a camera with the best of them.



Thanks again Sheba for having us. Can't wait to do it again.

1 comment:

  1. ooh, Sean looks so mean in that last one. Love it! Do some photoshopping girl and heal that hot spot out of his head and you will have a great broad-lighting shot!

    ReplyDelete