Thursday, January 29, 2009

Editing Overexposed Sky

During Saturday's photo shoot we took some pictures outdoors. I'm still having a hard time metering correctly to get a proper exposure for the sky and my model. I would have tinkered with my camera settings more, but I was freezing my ass off and was ready to go back inside. 
Model Chane't Elder:
I found a sky image online and tried to replace the overexposed sky in the original. I added it in as a new layer and hid it's effects to the parts of the picture I didn't want the sky to cover by making a mask for that layer. I also added a gradient to fade the sky in towards the foreground. There are still a few hot spots next to her right arm and under the tree to her left, but over all I think it looks OK.

Here is another shot of Chane't on the abandoned railroad tracks behind the studio.


No comments:

Post a Comment